Before you start your basement refinishing project, there are many things to consider. One of the most important of which is what contractor you will use to do the job. You will want to make sure your contractor is trustworthy, experienced, and well prepared to handle your basement remodeling project.
In addition to browsing our website, we hope you will give us a call today and we will be glad to go over our qualifications with you.
Prior to any basement remodeling to be done is to prepare the space as necessary to begin finishing out the walls, flooring, and ceiling. One of the first things you will need to have done is to make sure your basement is waterproof.
There are several questions you may want to ask regarding your basement waterproofing.
- Do I need basement waterproofing?
- What does basement waterproofing cost?
- How does basement waterproofing work?
- What are the most common basement waterproofing problems?
- Besides waterproofing, what other considerations do you need to know prior to beginning the basement remodeling project?
An experienced, licensed remodeling contractor can answer any questions you may have and can go over the costs of each option.
You will also want to make sure your electrical configuration can support the additional lighting needs when your basement is finished, or what will be required to make it sufficient.
- What is the space going to be used for and what is the layout of the future space?
- Where will you need the most electrical outlets to accommodate activities planned for certain areas?
- What type of wiring is needed to comply with mandated municipal electrical code?
- What exactly will need to be changed in your breaker box?
- Where will your switches be located and do you need junction boxes?
If you and your remodeling contractor are not discussing these questions, you will want to find a more experienced Pittsburgh remodeling contractor to do your renovation. There is nothing more important than an upfront consultation where you and your contractor exchange information to make the best plan for your new living space.
Then next thing you need to do before you even begin your project is to choose the best contractor to do your basement remodeling. The following are a few questions to consider when asking about the company you will be working with.
- Are they licensed, bonded, insured?
- How many basement remodeling or renovations have they done?
- Do they have references you can call and photos of past work?
- What is their BBB standing and have any reports been filed against them with any governing authorities?
- What is their policy for work scheduling, will the work be done daily etc. and how long do they estimate it will take to complete the basement remodeling?
- How often is the work supervised and by whom?
- Do they have a relationship with inspectors or knowledge of the permit process in your area?
At Daniel’s Custom Building & Renovations, you’re not only getting experienced re-modelers, but you are getting full service remodeling. From start to finish, you will receive only a quality experience when you choose us for your basement remodeling. From initial planning to project completion, we will make sure you have everything you need to make the best decisions about your basement remodeling process.
We ensure that you work with only the best expert technicians. At Daniel’s Custom Building & Renovations the owner is onsite every day to supervise the progress of your project. We want no room for you to worry over even the smallest of details, and with over 35 years of experience, we can ensure that we will do our best from beginning to end.
If you are looking for a qualified, dependable Bucks County Remodeling contractor for your basement remodeling project, please call us today at (215) 704-4102 or complete our online request form.